Can I claim compensation for an Electric Shock ?
Faulty or defective equipment leads to hundreds of electric shock accidents every year.
The following occupations are at a higher risk of suffering an electric shock:
- Maintenance workers
- Construction workers
- Hospitality workers
- Festival production workers
For a free consultation call Corries Solicitors at 01904 527430 or contact us online
What are the symptoms of an electric shock injury?
The symptoms of an electric shock injury can be :
- Irregular heartbeat
- Cardiac arrest
- Muscle spasms
- Fractures, broken bones and dislocated joints – are caused by the force of the shock throwing a person.
How do I show that my employer is responsible for causing my electric shock injury?
There are several pieces of legislation in place to protect employees in the workplace including:
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1998: This sets out guidelines for training employees who are required to work with electricity. It sets out recommended procedures for conducting risk assessments which involve electrical equipment and what measures are needed to cover live wires.
- Provision and Use of Work Regulations (PUWER) 1998: This relates to equipment used in the workplace. The regulations state that equipment must be suitable for the intended use, maintained to a good standard and should only be used by people who have been trained to use it properly.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974: This sets out a wide range of duties that employers must meet to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, clients, contractors and visitors to the premises of the business.
Your solicitor will also collect the following evidence to help prove that your employer was negligent:
- Witness reports from the scene of the accident.
- The report in the company accident book.
- Photos from the scene of the accident.
- Photos of injuries
- Reports from health and safety experts.
How much is an electric shock injury claim worth?
Claims are calculated based on a number of different factors including:
- The seriousness of the injuries sustained.
- The individual’s loss of earnings.
- The individual’s ability to work in the same capacity in the future.
Is there a time limit to making a claim?
You need to make your claim within three years from the date of your electric shock injury.
Can I make a No Win, No Fee Electric shock claim?
Corries Solicitors handle electric shock claims on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that you do not pay anything if your claim is unsuccessful. Our friendly experts are here to help.
We can also help if the shock was caused by someone who was not your employer.
you through the claims process. For a free consultation call Corries Solicitors
at 01904 527430 or contact us online
Home Visits | No Win - No Fee
"You Can Count On Corries"
Yorks Leading Personal Injury Lawyers
Helping the people of York and surrounding areas for over 25 years.
Over £300 Million Recovered In Compensation
£28,000 - Asbestos Claim
Gloria Langton, Thirsk.
“I don’t think I could have coped without you and your professionalism especially on the day of the final inquest which was particularly harrowing for me. Your kindness and patience towards my father, whilst he was ill, was also very much appreciated. I have and will continue to recommend you to friends, colleagues and family for your services."
£11,240 - Road Accident Claim
Mr Cawthon, Copmanthorpe.
“I thank you most sincerely for all the effort you put in on my behalf. I hope your employers are proud of the fact you work so efficiently and to such high standards.”
£19,000 - Pension Claim
“I am very happy that this claim is now finally settled and thank you so much for the service you provided. It was exemplary. And you have been most patient with my numerous phone calls.”
£130,000 - Asbestos Claim
June Abbott, York.
“Thank you for handling Peters claim and getting settlement.”
£19,000 - Work Accident Claim
Kevin Ashton, Huntington.
“Thank you for the cheque for £19,000 in settlement of my claim. Fingers crossed there will not be any further accidents; however I would like to thank you for the professional manner in which you dealt with my accident claim. The most important part of a solicitor's job is communication and I must thank you for the way you kept me updated on what was going on.”
Industrial Disease Claim
“Just to update you. The cheque has arrived. Many thanks for all the hard work you put in to bring things to a positive conclusion. It was refreshingly straight forward and easy to work with you during a challenging time for us all. Thanks for your empathy, help and support.”
Sue & Roy.
"I have to say the service provided by you was excellent, being able to keep in contact and have that professional support is not something we often see and from my experience not a service provided by all solicitors. The last 12 months have been difficult but having your support has made the journey easier. Please pass on our thanks to Howard."
Road Accident Claim
Lori & James.
"Thanks to you and your staff for all your work and time you have given our case. Thank you for your service and I would recommend your company to anyone who asked."
"Thanks again for all your efforts and I am sure you will realise from my reaction how happy my family are with this fantastic outcome. Your service has been fantastic from start to finish"
Stay up to date
Join Our Newsletter
Corries Solicitors Ltd, Melroses Yard, Walmgate, York, YO1 9XF. Registered number: 5517012. Corries Solicitors Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number: 424101.